Friday, June 19, 2009

RSS

I looked extensively through the ALA RSS feeds list but most of the Children's Literature feeds were only to Wikipedia sites. The updates would only be for changes made to the Wiki site. The RSS feed for the ALSC is not working for that Wiki so I chose to search for "children's literature library blog rss" in Google. There I came across the site that I used my first relevant blog post on, which is the ESSL Children's Literature Blog. I have added this blog's RSS feed to my sidebar.
http://www.library.illinois.edu/blog/esslchildlit/index.xml
Having a list of books that is theme appropriate for all ages is a wonderful resource for a school librarian. Since there is a vast difference between a 7th grader and a 12th grader at a junior/senior high school, having these kinds of book lists handy will help find material for students of various age groups and reading levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment